Invisalign for Highland Village
While we do offer traditional braces at Highland Village Family Dentistry, we know Invisalign clear braces are often a better choice for some of our patients. Adults who want to explore solutions to bite problems will often find Invisalign to be a better choice. The invisible aligners blend in with your smile and eliminate fears about the appearance of braces. Invisalign – as the name implies – involves the use of clear, smooth, nearly invisible aligners instead of metal braces with their pesky brackets and wires.
If you want to discuss Invisalign with Dr. Thomas, contact Highland Village Family Dentistry near Flower Mound, Texas. Dr. Thomas is an Invisalign Preferred Provider and will be happy to answer all your questions. We also offer orthodontics for a variety of options – choose the one that best suits you and your lifestyle. We welcome patients from surrounding communities like Lewisville, Argyle and Lantana as well.
How Invisalign Works
After a visit to our Highland Village dental office to discuss your orthodontic options, Dr. Thomas will create a treatment plan for you. If we’re going to be straightening and realigning your smile with Invisalign clear braces, we’ll take digital impressions of your teeth and map out the results. This will allow us to design your series of aligners. Once they are complete, you’ll begin with an aligner that perfectly fits your teeth so that you can get used to wearing them. Then, when you've worn one retainer for the appropriate amount of time, you simply switch to the next in the series, which is a little different from the aligner before. This switching continues every few weeks until your smile has been completely transformed!
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign offers a lot of benefits, including comfort and a more appealing appearance. The aligners are removable, so dental hygiene is simple. You even won’t have to wear your aligners when attending big events where you want to look your best. Some of the many benefits of Invisalign include:
- Saved time – with only about 12 months of treatment time on average and fewer, shorter checkup visits throughout the process, you’ll save a significant amount of time.
- Improved comfort – without the brackets and wires that can irritate soft tissue, Invisalign offers improved comfort throughout the alignment process. Additionally, for patients with sensitive teeth and gums and those who have metal allergies, Invisalign can be a much better option than metal brackets and wires.
- Minimized hassle – there’s no need to change your diet or oral hygiene routine during Invisalign treatment. Simply remove your aligners and enjoy your favorite foods and brush and floss as usual.
Cost of Invisalign
The cost of Invisalign depends in large part on your unique case. The number of months needed to complete treatment, the necessary sets of aligners, and any additional, more advanced treatments like shifting the entire bite with elastic bands. In the past, the cost of Invisalign was significantly higher than that of bracket and wire braces. Today, the cost of Invisalign orthodontics is very close to that of traditional braces. You will also usually be able to receive the same dental insurance coverage for Invisalign that is available for traditional braces. In most cases, you will end up paying just a little more for the comfort and convenience of Invisalign orthodontics. Before beginning treatment, we will walk you through all of the out of pocket costs and dental insurance coverage to help you budget for your Invisalign orthodontic plan.
Who Should Consider Invisalign?
Invisalign is a great orthodontic treatment plan for teens and adults. Some of the reasons patients should consider Invisalign include:
- Busy schedules – patients too busy for traditional orthodontic alignment which requires frequent, lengthy trips to the orthodontist
- Look great – patients who want to preserve their professional appearance while improving their smile alignment
- Avoid unnecessary discomfort – the smooth aligners don’t cause soft tissue irritation, and for those with metal allergies and sensitivities, Invisalign orthodontics are ideal