Dentures and Partials – Highland Village, TX
Reliable, Natural-Looking Tooth Replacement
Dr. Ryan Thomas knows that providing a full range of services at Highland Village Family Dentistry is important. We believe very strongly in tailoring every aspect of your treatment at our Highland Village dental office to fit your lifestyle, budget, oral health, and goals to create a completely personalized plan of action. For some, the best choice for tooth replacement is a denture or partial denture.
What Are Dentures?
A denture is a prosthesis that is designed to replace teeth in the upper or lower jaw. It consists of artificial teeth (made of acrylic or porcelain) that are attached to a gum-colored base.
There are essentially three types of dentures:
- A full denture is a removable prosthesis that replaces all of the teeth in either the upper or lower arch. It says in place via natural suction or with the help of an adhesive.
- A partial denture replaces multiple teeth at various places throughout an arch. It is sort of like a puzzle piece that fits in exactly where it is needed. Clips or other attachments may be necessary to keep it in place.
- An implant-supported denture is secured in place via dental implants rather than by suction, clips, or adhesive.
Benefits of Dentures
You may have a negative image in your mind of dentures in Highland Village, or think of them as being a less-than-perfect option for tooth replacement. Because most dentures are removable, you may imagine them slipping at inopportune times and causing embarrassment. However, today’s dentures and partials offer an affordable solution to the problem of missing teeth while providing reliable wear and a good fit.
Other benefits of dentures include:
- After you adjust to eating with them, you’ll be able to enjoy most (if not all) of your favorite foods.
- Caring for dentures is simple and requires that you perform just a few daily tasks to keep them clean and functioning. For example, you should brush them gently and keep them moist when you are not wearing them.
- Insurance is usually willing to help pay for dentures.
- Dentures can be extremely natural-looking and comfortable. Dr. Thomas is Northeast trained and has studied with some big names in cosmetic dentistry, so your restorative dental care at Highland Village Family Dentistry will combine the art of aesthetic dental techniques with the science of advanced technology and materials.
Are You a Candidate for Dentures?
If you are missing a few teeth, or all of your teeth, it is likely that you are a good candidate for dentures. However, the only way to find out for sure is to visit Dr. Thomas, your dentist in Highland Village, for a consultation. After he examines your mouth, he’ll talk to you about your tooth replacement options and recommend the one that he believes is the best fit for your circumstances. If your tooth loss is relatively minor, he might suggest that you receive a fixed bridge or a small dental implant restoration to recomplete your smile.
If you have dental health issues and want to discuss them with Dr. Thomas, contact us for an appointment. Highland Village Family Dentistry is located in Highland Village, TX, and serves Flower Mound, Lewisville, and surrounding North Texas communities. When you entrust your dental care to us, you know that you’re getting compassionate care combined with excellent results.