Choosing an orthodontist in Highland Village is a serious matter, one which will affect both you and your family for many, many years to come. Making the right choice is easier when you follow a few basic guidelines, like the ones we will discuss in this post. Use this information to make the best decision for your household.
Seven Tips for Choosing an Amazing Orthodontist
Here is how to pick an orthodontist who will put a smile on your face, not an ache in your tooth:
- Ask family and friends for recommendations. Word-of-mouth is still the best way to find great service providers. Check with people at work, neighbors, fellow church members, or anyone with whom you interact on a regular basis.
- Check online reviews. This is a terrific way to separate the great orthodontists from the not-so-great ones. When looking on the web, pay attention to more than the star ratings. Take a moment to read the posts and see what people say. You’ll find lots of valuable information this way.
- Drop by for a visit. Word-of-mouth and online reviews are fine. But there’s nothing like meeting the people who will be caring for you and your family members. Make a list of any questions you would like to ask and bring it with you to the office. Get a feel for how the staff serves patients and visitors.
- Schedule an initial consultation. Most orthodontists provide this service either free or at a very reasonable cost. During the appointment, pay attention to how the dentist interacts with you as he or she discusses the exam results. Do you feel comfortable with this orthodontic dentist? Do you believe that he or she is not only competent but courteous and professional as well?
- Remember the practical things. The best orthodontist on earth will do you little good if the office is hundreds of miles from your home. You should consider not only location but office hours, parking availability, and the dynamics of the surrounding area. Make sure the practice takes your coverage and/or offers financing terms with which you’re comfortable. After all, orthodontic care can be expensive.
- Consider the technology. All else being equal, an office which features modern innovations such as digital x-rays and laser-based cavity detection is often the better choice. It’s more likely to offer the latest overall advances in orthodontic care, which can make a huge difference in your treatment experience.
- Remember your own dental health needs. A practice that focuses entirely on orthodontics may not be the best choice for your household. Choosing a practice that can treat every member of your family will save you the hassle and inconvenience of going from one location to another. Fortunately, many family dentists have advanced training in orthodontic procedures as well. You’ll find this information on the office website.
Choosing the right orthodontic dentist for your family doesn’t have to stress you out. Use the tips in this post to guide you in your search. In days to come, you’ll be up to look back on your decision with a well-earned smile.
About the Author
Doctor Ryan Thomas is an outstanding dentist with advanced training in orthodontics and other specialized forms of dental care. Along with Dr. Autumn Griffin and the other team members, he provides outstanding care for people of all ages and backgrounds. You can reach his office online or by calling (469) 444-6500.